Boeing, Wiring Design and Installation Engineer (Entry Level or Associate) - Application via WayUp
Renton, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
This role is with Boeing. WayUp is partnering with Boeing to hire top talent. Job Description Qualifications:
- Boeing Commercial Airlines (BCA), ETC (Electrical Technical Center) Electrical Design organization has a great opportunity for a Wiring Design and Installation Engineer in Everett, WA and Renton, WA to help us define the future of commercial aerospace with innovative ideas that advance or culture of safety and quality that our customers, the flying public, expect.
- You will be involved in developing and maintaining electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas) for our diverse portfolio of advanced Commercial Aircraft. Our greatest current need involves developing and maintaining critical electrical cable/wire harness installation, detail and assembly designs. This includes defining the physical routing layout of wire routing throughout the airplane. You must take into account such requirements as wire supports and brackets, separation to maintain physical and functional safety, proper parts selection, as well as environmental impacts on the many parts that make up the system of wire harnesses. All while ensuring that Safety and Quality are the number 1 priority.
- You will also assist with engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests and shop revision requests). This often involves working closely and collaborating with our partners on the factory floor to ensure our designs can be built efficiently and safely.
- You will learn and follow documented processes, specifications and procedures that support safe and quality design and manufacture of electrical commodities. You will collect data to support the development of statements of work. Also, assisting in the technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. You will assist in reviewing functional and physical requirements used in the development of integrated designs and system architecture. Actively supporting critical analysis and design reviews.
- You will work with and under general supervision of a lead engineer and an expert mentor to enhance both your technical learning and career growth.
- 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an ABET accredited course of study in engineering and ABET accredited college / university.
- 1+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with wire harness, electrical and/or mechanical design.
- Experience with Computer aided design (CAD) tools are a plus.
- Knowledge of CATIA V5.
- Formal training is available as part of the job.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.