Senior Full Stack Engineer, Clinician Enablement
We’ve brought together an exceptional team at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design to revolutionize how people connect with and receive care. We’re united by our collective personal experiences with the mental health care system and a desire to build a better one for everyone. With that, we're excited and honored to have been recognized as one of the 2023 Bay Area Best Places to Work.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you play a pivotal role in advancing our mission to deliver unparalleled mental health care accessible to all. Joining forces with a dynamic team of skilled engineers, your contributions will span the entire spectrum of Two Chairs' applications—from conception and design to maintenance and enhancement. Your expertise will be pivotal in developing crucial features that underpin our business operations.
In this multifaceted role, you'll engage in cross-functional collaboration with key stakeholders, including Product, Care Coordination, and our clinical team. The impact of your work extends far beyond coding; it actively shapes the trajectory of Two Chairs and holds the potential to revolutionize fundamental aspects of the mental health landscape. Seize the opportunity to make a significant mark on the future of Two Chairs and contribute to transformative changes in mental health care.
You'll be responsible for
- Being a key player in building high-performance, secure, scalable and delightful consumer and clinician facing applications.
- Building and integrating new architecture, frameworks, technologies and everything that makes for great software.
- Collaborating with teammates across the stack to enhance and optimize our current systems with new features and increased stability.
- Collaborating with our clinical team, understanding their workflows and translating their needs into seamless applications.
- Understanding our clients’ journey through care and building software that enables a best-in-class therapeutic experience.
- Build innovative products to fundamentally transform the mental health space by combining the best of humans and technology.
Impact and Success Indicators
Where you’ll make an impact in the first 90 days:
- Gain an understanding of the code base, and the inner workings of our application.
- Bring fresh ideas and suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in sprint planning, standups, and retrospective meetings. Helping spec out scope and technical details.
- Tackle tickets that contribute to a better application.
Where you’ll make an impact in the first year:
- Take on a technical leadership role, mentoring junior developers, and driving architecture and technical planning decisions.
- Become the go-to for architecture, design, code reviews, and testing.
- Translating product ideas and specifications into actionable work and scope.
You’ll be successful if you have:
- Experience working with our stack (Node/Express, Python/Django) or similar.
- Experience with containerization (Docker or otherwise), Kubernetes or similar is a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment (think ownership, agility and innovation).
- Self-motivation and a self-starting attitude.
We offer perks and benefits that support the health and well-being of our teams, including:
- Equity in a high-growth start-up
- PTO program, including a Winter Office Closing: Christmas Day (Observed) through New Year's Day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- One-time $200 Work from Home reimbursement
- Annual $500 professional development stipend to support your professional development
- Annual $500 subsidized company contribution to your healthcare FSA
- Annual $500 wellness stipend to encourage and support a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle
- Paid parental leave
About Two Chairs
At Two Chairs, we are building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care. We do this by bringing people together at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design. We are passionate about mental health and excited to be a part of a team that is bringing personalized, data-driven therapy to California, Washington, and eventually nationwide.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the principles guiding how we build our business and teams. We encourage interested candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply even if they don't think they meet every expectation of the role.
Please stay alert to protect yourself from sophisticated job scams during the recruiting process.
Only emails that come from twochairs.com are legitimate recruiting messages. We conduct all interviews by phone or Google Video, and we will never ask you for money or to download software.
More tips from the FTC to avoid job scams: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/ftc-offers-tips-on-avoiding-job-scams-041321.html