Senior Accounting Manager
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Two Chairs
Two Chairs is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and safety. We center these efforts around open dialogue, employee support, education and advocacy, and culturally-responsive care.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words to us; they're the principles guiding how we build our business and teams. We encourage interested candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply even if they don't think they meet every criterion of the role. Achieving our mission of building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care starts with creating a workplace that represents people from all identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Two Chairs is building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care.
We’re building a system that’s far easier to navigate and creating experiences for therapists and clients that are centered in relationships, backed by research, and powered by thoughtful technology.
We’ve brought together an exceptional team at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design to revolutionize how people connect with and receive care. We’re united by our collective personal experiences with the mental health care system and a desire to build a better one for everyone.
About the role
Two Chairs is looking for an exceptional Senior Accounting Manager to join our Finance team! As our first dedicated accounting hire, you’ll have an opportunity to build out the accounting function and work with a fast-growing finance team to help scale our business. You’ll help level-up our financial reporting and analysis, develop critical accounting policies and controls, and partner with various internal and external stakeholders to enable better visibility and decision making and lead us into our next phase of growth. If you have strong technical skills, business intuition and thrive on building and growing in a dynamic environment, this is the role for you!
You’ll be responsible for leading our accounting function and helping build out our accounting and financial reporting capabilities. You’ll work with our external accounting partners with an eye toward improving quality and efficiency, and eventually leading the charge to bring the function fully in-house. You’ll also oversee our monthly financial close process, bringing more rigor and visibility to enable faster, better-informed decision making.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Monthly financial close [25%]
- Lead our financial close process by partnering with our FP&A team and external accounting partners to ensure timely monthly results in compliance with US GAAP
- Develop detailed roadmap and cadence for reporting with a firm understanding of all interdependencies and risks
- Financial reporting / KPIs [25%]
- Level-up our financial reporting capabilities to improve visibility into financial and operating results
- Develop and prepare key financial metrics and KPIs to help leadership better understand performance on an ongoing basis
- Policies, procedures, and controls [20%]
- Develop and implement internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting and prevent fraud
- Build and maintain accounting policies to support the growth and increasing complexity of our business
- System and process improvements [20%]
- Over time, oversee the implementation and maintenance of accounting software platform
- Lead the in-housing of our accounting function
- Ad hoc projects [10%]
Impact and Success Indicators
Where you’ll make an impact in the first 90 days:
- Revamp our monthly financial close process to improve the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Identify and begin implementing additional financial reporting on high-priority financial metrics
- Begin drafting accounting policies and controls to build a strong foundation on which Two Chairs will grow
- Partner with the broader finance team and cross-functionally to bring awareness and visibility to the accounting function
Where you’ll make an impact in the first year:
- Begin building and manage internal accounting team and establish a culture of excellence
- Bring the accounting function in-house and lead the transition from external partners
You’ll be successful if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and extensive practical accounting experience; CPA preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment; comfortable working with high ambiguity and limited structure
- Passion for building from the ground up and creating structure and process
- Ability to work in the weeds but also step back and understand the big picture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively work with a broad range of stakeholders
- Healthcare/health-tech experience is a plus, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
We offer perks and benefits that support the health and well-being of our teams, including:
- Equity in a high-growth start-up
- PTO program, including a Winter Office Closing: Christmas Day (Observed) through New Year's Day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- One-time $200 Work from Home reimbursement
- Annual $500 professional development stipend to support your professional development
- Annual $500 subsidized company contribution to your healthcare FSA
- Annual $500 wellness stipend to encourage and support a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle
- Paid parental leave