E-Commerce Demand Planner
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
This position is located within the Devices team of Life360, which designs and sells Tile bluetooth trackers and Jiobit GPS trackers that help consumers keep track of things that are important to them. Specifically, this role works with the team that runs the direct-to-consumer Tile.com business. You will work with talented colleagues from the Acquisition and Lifecycle Management Marketing teams, the Operations and Online Merchandising team, and others. We are a fast-paced, technology-oriented team and treat each other with respect and appreciation.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Demand Planner to build our team’s capabilities in the areas of Forecasting and Promotion Planning. This is a permanent, remote full-time position.
You will be responsible for collecting and consolidating revenue forecast inputs from marketing partners, and for managing SKU level forecasts based on historical data and current trends and promotional plans. You will be responsible for measuring performance vs. forecast by channel and region, and will run regular meetings to review the results and gather insights on what’s working and what’s not. The successful candidate will be skilled in using spreadsheets to create robust, accurate models. Familiarity with pulling actual data from Google Analytics and other relevant tools (e.g. Tableau) is a big plus.
You will be responsible for planning a calendar of promotions to optimize the Tile.com direct-to-consumer businesses, based on historical promotion performance, current inventory situation, margin goals and considerations, and seasonal calendar of key consumer purchase opportunities (e.g. Mother’s Day, Black Friday). The successful candidate will be skilled in using spreadsheets and other planning tools to create and communicate a plan broadly to the organization, ensure the promotional plans are executed accurately, and measure the results vs. expectations. A high level of attention to detail is required.
The US Based salary range for this position is $85,000-$110,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Own the short-term (current or next quarter) and long term Forecasting Process for the organization, continuously improving the process as needed over time.
- Collect forecast inputs from the Lifecycle Management (LCM) and User Acquisition (UA) marketing teams in a format and timeline that is mutually agreeable.
- Create and own the Forecast Model that rolls up all of these channels and breaks them into a weekly revenue and SKU level forecast for all locations, ensuring accuracy. Hand off the resulting total revenue forecast which consists of a weekly SKU level forecast to the Operations team periodically, to be used in inventory purchase decisions.
- Monitor revenue performance vs. forecast by channel (and region), understand reasons for any misses, and incorporate learnings to continuously improve forecast accuracy.
- Own and continuously improve the Promotion Planning process, including both planning and measuring performance vs. expectations to inform future decisions.
- Own all reporting and analysis (regular and ad hoc) for your area of responsibility
- Leverage historical data, current industry conditions and retail plans to oversee the creation of competitive promotional campaigns to optimize CVR and gross margin.
- Align and communicate clearly with others in the organization on the promotional plans, to maximize the opportunity for Marketing to promote strong offers and to ensure flawless execution.
- Measure the effectiveness of each promotional campaign, to ensure continuous learning so that we can repeat successful campaigns and experiment to find better ones over time.
- Adjust promotional plans real-time if we are falling short of revenue goals, especially during the Q4 holiday peak season where daily monitoring and adjustments may be needed. Have a sense of urgency.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience working in an online, direct-to-consumer ecommerce business.
- 4+ years of experience with data analysis, trend forecasting, or marketing analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in a Statistical/Business/Marketing/Accounting/Finance/ discipline
- High level of proficiency in building and using spreadsheets to achieve business goals is required.
- Knowledge of using Google Analytics is highly desired.
- Experience with Forecasting or Promotional planning preferred.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator and team player with the ability to build strong relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Champion a culture of innovation and continuous process improvement.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-5pm PST