SDET II, Cloud
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within Canada) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
As a SDET II, Cloud at Life360, you'll be solving big quality challenges. You are a passionate Test Engineer who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on SDET with technical vision of the future for Life360 platform testing and automation. This isn't just about Testing, we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What You’ll Do
- Define, design and deliver tools and automation framework for our backend systems
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers for backend testability and design
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Design and implement auto-scalable and predictable infrastructure with optimized costs and performance.
- Design and build advanced CI/CD pipeline frameworks with a great developer experience in mind.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Design and implement secure engineering infrastructure architecture
- Experience in the use of Application Release Automation tools is highly desired.
What We’re Looking For
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- 3+ years of experience in a SDET role
- 3+ years of experience writing and executing integration tests and e2e
- 3+ years of experience with shift-left practices for quality and security.
- 2+ years of experience with performance and load testing tools (JMeter)
- 3+ years of experience with Source Code Management systems (GitHub/git, SVN, TFS, Azure DevOps).
- Strong communication skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Highly proficient in Java, Python or a similar language
- Strong understanding of microservices and monolith platforms.
- Good understanding of data stores, distributed systems and data modeling
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Jenkins
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the AWS environment and its various tools
- Experience with Security testing
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.