Senior Manager, Strategic Finance (Device & OPEX)
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US and Canada) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
A few Life360 numbers:
- The world’s largest network for families - available for Android and iPhone
- ~$250m of annualized revenue growing at 43% YoY (as of June 2023)
- Over 9.5m+ monthly active Tile devices, helping to alert users when they’ve left important items behind.
- Over 50+ million global monthly active users and $1.6m paying subscribers (as of June 2023)
About The Team
The Strategic Finance team provides support to Life360’s strategic initiatives and operational processes, partnering closely with executives and key leaders across the organization to make data-driven decisions. The team is responsible for both core finance processes, including the annual planning and monthly forecasting processes, and strategic finance support that is central to the leadership team’s financial and strategic decisions.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to lead the strategic finance support for the, supporting the company’s Device business, along with its Engineering and G&A functions. You will be a key partner to Life360’s leadership team and play a crucial role in leading core FP&A forecasting and reporting, and strategic financial analysis to help drive resource allocation and decision making. You will partner closely with the Head of Device, as well as senior leaders across other areas of the business, focused on high priority business issues. You will oversee a team of two reports, who support the Device business and the Engineering & G&A functions.
The salary range for this position is $175,500 to $195,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll do
- Develop and build deep business partner relationships to drive successful outcomes and alignment with strategic objectives
- Lead the annual planning and long-range planning processes
- Interface with the functional leaders to develop monthly forecasts, understand variances and ensure spending in accordance with budgets
- Support business partners particularly in Device, Engineering, and G&A with strategic financial modeling to improve decision making
- Partner closely with broader finance and accounting including month-end close, preparation of financial and investor reporting, and Board communications
- Drive forecasting and budgeting process improvements that result in increased forecast accuracy, scalability, and operational efficiencies
- Develop new processes and tools, and improve existing ones to drive rapid, scalable analytics and insights to the business
- Mentor junior staff to become strategic business partners
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 8 years industry experience with at least 5 years experience in Strategic Finance / FP&A
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to clearly articulate ideas and drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendations and action plans
- An attitude that promotes collaboration, but also the ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the details to get the job done on your own when needed
- Highly proficient in financial modeling and knowledge of accounting concepts (e.g. GAAP)
- Experience with Adaptive Planning or other cloud-based planning tools is highly regarded
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.