Real Life 101 Internship
Part-Time Associate Tutor (all subject areas)
Study Edge is on the lookout for part-time tutors who are passionate about their subject area and enthusiastic about teaching! In this position, you’ll help the full-time instructors develop high-quality instruction accessible to high school and college students across the country, starting at the University of Florida. You’ll thrive here if you have a strong desire to learn and interest in innovating in online education, as well as an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. There’s lots of work to be done, and your specific responsibilities will be tailored to your skill-set and preferences.
- Answer student questions in-person, through virtual sessions, or through text posts
- Write practice problems to reinforce concepts and help prepare students for their upcoming assignments
- Film video solutions to practice problems to guide students through difficult practice problems
- Work as part of the Study Edge team on the development and implementation of new programs
- Use technology to scale the best instruction in online education
Who You are:
- Passionate in subject field
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Comfortable with technology
- An energetic and efficient communicator
- Detail-oriented and endlessly curious (you question the status quo to make better, informed decisions)
- A team player with a sense of humor
- Looking for part-time work (like if you’re still in school)
Study Edge and its affiliate companies provide various services including instructional videos, study guides, and practice problems to high school and college students around the country and the world.
Since starting out in 2011, we’ve provided resources for hundreds of thousands of students and teachers across the country. We believe our work is a reflection of our unique atmosphere — we have a fun and engaging workplace, which is critical since we work very, very hard. At Study Edge you are surrounded by smart people who want to make a difference in the world, all while having a good time.
Benefits of Working at Study Edge:
- Extremely competitive pay
- Highly flexible hours
- Generous work-from-home policy
- Working with the best team around
- Impact thousands of students’ education
Job Type: Part-time, preferably local
Base Pay: $17 per hour
Send us a video of you teaching your favorite concept from a class, along with your resume! Upload your video to Google Drive or Dropbox or Youtube and send us the public sharing link.