Software Engineer, Platform
Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for 🔎
The Splatform team is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer to help shape the future of Splash’s architecture and provide a strong platform that ensures customer success. Our team is responsible for key platform components, including authentication, our API gateway, integrations (native and iPaaS), and a number of other critical services.
Delivering value for our customers is at the forefront of all that we do, providing an environment for directly impactful work while solving complex technical challenges. As a tight-knit organization, we work closely with peers across not only our department, but Splash as a whole.
Given the nature of the work we do, your role will ebb and flow between frontend and backend work depending on project requirements, so being comfortable in both camps is essential!
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable APIs to support various applications and integrations.
- Create, maintain, debug, and troubleshoot integrations with third-party services, ensuring reliability, data consistency and a seamless user experience.
- Architect solutions to complex problems that deliver clear customer value, delivering proposals that are flexible, robust and taking into account business needs.
- Collaborate with your team in scoping, estimating, implementing and testing new features and fixes.
- Be communicative and reliable, so that others can depend on you.
- Show up as a team member, encouraging others through example in collaboration, productivity, effective communication and love for details.
- Crush bugs like an exterminator, identifying their root cause swiftly and performing a fix or proposing a long-term mitigation plan.
- Join a team of talented peers who are passionate about what they do and have a lot of fun along the way!
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have…
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining high-quality products.
- Proven experience across the stack, with strong knowledge of both frontend and backend technologies.
- Experience working in a cloud-based tech stack using modern languages, tools, frameworks, and technologies.
- An understanding of how to write good tests and why they’re important.
- Strong synchronous and asynchronous communication skills.
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had…
- Experience developing Salesforce integrations (including AppExchange)
- Experience with iPaaS (Integration Platforms-as-a-Service).
- Specific alignment with our tech stack (PHP, Go, React, Symfony, DynamoDB, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs at high volume.
- Experience with API Gateways, rate limiting, Auth0, JWTs.
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
- 💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- 🏥 Great healthcare benefits, with paid coverage for you and your family
- 🌴 Plenty of vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- 🗺 Remote first organization
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. 🛫 We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you by playing Pokemon all day or waiting anxiously for an NSYNC reunion 👀. It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you are looking for, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay and make sure there’s fair pay among those you’ll be working with. The base compensation amount for this role is targeted at $130,000-$160,000 CAD. In addition to your cash compensation, every full-time employee will be able to participate in our employee equity program. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above. What we can’t quantify for you are all the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Please click here to gain invaluable insights from our Splash Culture Book.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].