Senior QA Engineer
Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for 🔎
The Senior QA Engineer will work with various agile and cross-functional teams with a focus on building upon and coaching towards a proactive culture of quality. This includes working with product managers/engineers to develop test plans, guide the execution of these test plans, and create meaningful and comprehensive automated tests and manual test scripts. In addition, you’ll help shape the QA roadmap and work cross-functionally to identify and execute quality improvements across the product, tooling, processes, and initiatives.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Work closely with the product and development teams to define test and acceptance criteria for new features and functionality
- Collaborate with engineers and hold them accountable for building features that are easily testable and of the highest quality
- Coach development teams in quality best practices and implement improvements to the QA testing process
- Maintain and expand automation test coverage on various product areas
- Bolster regression test coverage with manual and automated tests throughout the product life cycle
- Define and execute quality objectives based on insights and customer-centric value
- Implement cross-functional process improvements (example: bug triage and management)
- Track and report on quality “current state” and progress on improvement initiatives through a metrics-driven approach
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have…
- 4-5 years of related experience
- Experience with QA automation practices for Agile delivery methodology
- Experience coding in Python, Node, or GO
- Familiarity with microservices
- Written Selenium and REST API tests
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic and empathetic!
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had…
- Experience with mobile testing
- Used Jenkins as a CICD tool
- Familiarity with integrations like Salesforce, Marketo, etc.
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
- 💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- 🏥 Great healthcare benefits, with paid coverage for you and your family
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- 🗺 Remote first organization
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. 🛫 We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s 💯 ). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you are looking for, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay and make sure there’s fair pay among those you’ll be working with. The base compensation amount for this role is targeted at $130,000-$145,000 CAD. In addition to your cash compensation, every full-time employee will be able to participate in our employee equity program. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above. What we can’t quantify for you are all the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Please click here to gain invaluable insights from our Splash Culture Book.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].