Technical Implementation Specialist
Sage is on a mission to improve the quality of life for older adults, starting with those residing in senior living facilities. Falls are the leading cause of injury-related deaths among adults over 65. At the same time, fall prevention and emergency response systems for older adults are archaic and ineffective. This issue is exacerbated by the inefficient procedures that operators of these facilities are forced to use to provide care to their residents. Sage's integrated software aims to reinvent how we care for and respond to older adults in times of need. We aim to build a platform that gives caregivers the means to provide care for modern aging.
Sage is a small team of ambitious, multi-disciplinary entrepreneurs. We are a software-enabled, mission-driven company, and are focused only on the problems that are central to achieving that mission. At Sage, we work hard and fast but also know that to build a truly successful company, we need to treat our work as a marathon, and not a sprint. The journey matters. We know when to slow down, take breaks, and have fun.
About this Role
As a Technical Implementation Specialist, you will be part of the Implementation and Client Success team, that will be providing ongoing on-the-ground technical support as we work to systematize our hardware deployment story. You will be responsible for the deployment and installation of our technology and hardware across the country (from New York to San Francisco). Excellent technical ability, communication skills with non-technical people, and problem-solving are critical to this role. You will work directly with the product engineers in addition to our users, customers, and clients.
This role will largely involve tactical things such as:
- Building and provisioning our custom hardware to be configured appropriately for each client
- Assessing each community for IT compatibility and choosing the necessary IT equipment to set up Sage successfully
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues internal to the deployed hardware (bugs in firmware, malfunctioning units, etc)
- Identifying and troubleshooting external issues such as WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth connectivity problems
- Being the point-of-contact for maintenance of our system both for internal team and customers
- Be our technical eyes on the ground, observing common failure modes and blindspots and working with the engineering team to build/use tooling to address
- Improve or help build hardware tooling (raspberry pi augmentation for example) and software tooling as we systematize the deployment of hardware
(floor plan, analytics, telemetry suggestions, etc)
- Building a hardware support playbook
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong technical ability: you should be comfortable doing things like installing drivers, diagnosing system issues, and building PCs using off-the-shelf components
- Self-starter who is comfortable getting the job done without much assistance
- Relentlessly resourceful, always thinking outside the box to solve complex problems
- A strong communicator, as this role requires communication between product, engineering, and customer
- Technical enough to understand deployment complexity, but not necessarily a full-blown software/ systems engineer; likely more IT-leaning skillset
- Enough grit and follow-through to root cause on the ground issues
- Very organized and methodical, the ideal candidate loves process and is constantly looking for where we need to adapt the process to better serve ourselves and our customers
- Expectation to be onsite with clients up to 70% of the time
- Prior IT or tech repair experience
- Experience in the Healthcare and/or HealthTech fields
Our headquarters are located near New York City's Union Square. We believe in cross team collaboration. We think good ideas can come from anyone, and we've designed our processes to encourage participation from all. While we take our mission seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to host off-sites, outings, and team meals where we can connect as people, not just as colleagues. We offer office lunches several days a week and a fully stocked snack bar.
Our benefits package for employees includes competitive base compensation along with stock options. The expected annual salary for this role is between $80,000 and $100,000, depending upon the job level, which will depend on your level of expertise, your experience, and your qualifications. We feel that you should be paid well for your contributions to our mission, and that you should stand to gain as we grow and succeed. We also provide fully-paid health insurance coverage for all of our employees.
Sage is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Sage makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.