Sr. Manager/Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Seattle, WA, USA · Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Sr. Manager/Director of Product Marketing
Seattle, WA /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the Role
Ridwell seeks a passionate brand champion with deep understanding of and respect for our customer and their values, motivations and lifestyle. This role will lead customer and market segmentation, ensuring the brand is differentiated, compelling, and relevant across markets and key customer segments. They will help bring to life the stories behind the mission and results.
This member advocate will lead a team to translate that insight into multi-format content, communications and campaigns that motivates our customers to take action. This individual will disseminate member insight across the organization to ensure brand alignment across all the touch points of the Ridwell experience - product, marketing programs and campaigns, partnerships, member success and operations, markets and members.
This talented product marketer will be both strategic thinker and doer, inspired by building a start-up into a sustainable business - and a movement. This role requires a strong writer, communicator, and omni-channel marketer to create relevant and compelling written, audio and visual content, campaigns and tools that drive both new member growth and deep loyalty. This is a highly visible role with opportunities to work directly with executives, to build a team, and to serve as a critical engine of growth for the business.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Deliver relevant, deep customer insight to drive effective marketing content, programs and tools that compel action, including but not limited to, target customer personas, segmentation, competitive landscaping, and value proposition and differentiation.
- Establish clear brand positioning and strategy, including a compelling content strategy, with guidelines and process that addresses the key hurdles in our member's lifecycle and translates into relevant and compelling and differentiating content.
- Drive new member growth and strong retention and engagement by providing compelling, relevant content (written, audio, visual) across multiple channels (email, PR, social media, community engagement).
- Establish a strategy for PR/earned media at Ridwell, with target outcomes and required resources (internal/external). Provide direction to activate resources and drive results.
- Strong underlying focus on brand engagement as seen in NPS scores, member retention, and referral metrics.
- Provide vision and direction for this newly established team at Ridwell to achieve common goals; Secure and managed contractors as needed to augment talent and manage cost
- Partner with other Ridwell stakeholders, particularly Ridwell Leadership, Partnerships, Member Success, and Market Operations to proactively identify, capture, and share content from across the organization
- 7+ years in consumer-focused product marketing roles, with responsibility for brand positioning, customer insight and relevant content strategy, creation, and multi-channel delivery.
- 2+ years in a high-growth startup where responsibilities and impact increased
- Direct contribution to building a respected, relevant brand is preferred.
- Track record of leadership, marketing strategy development and execution that consistently drives consumer action, brand awareness and differentiation, and business results.
- Direct oversight and direction of digital content development resources (copywriting, communications, design) and channel-delivery resources (social media, PR) required.
$130,000 - $170,000 a year
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.