Marketing & Communications, IT
Seattle, WA, USA · Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Portland, OR /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We are seeking a skilled and analytical Marketing Analyst to join our small but mighty Marketing team. The Marketing team is responsible for delivering and executing strategies to advance growth at Ridwell (our motto: “we can test it, we can measure it, we can scale it”).
As a Marketing Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in understanding, developing, and interpreting key metrics that drive our marketing strategies. Your expertise in handling complex datasets, identifying trends, and translating them into actionable insights will directly influence decision-making at all levels of the marketing hierarchy.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and establish key performance indicators (KPIs) aligned with marketing objectives.
- Collect, consolidate, and clean data from various sources to ensure accuracy and reliability for analysis.
- Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and dashboards that facilitate the tracking and visualization of marketing performance metrics.
- Perform in-depth analysis of marketing campaigns, customer behavior, market trends, and competitive landscape to derive actionable insights.
- Identify patterns and trends within large datasets, employing statistical techniques and data visualization tools to convey findings clearly.
- Translate analytical results into comprehensive reports, presentations, and recommendations suitable for all levels of the marketing team, from associates to leadership.
- Develop accurate and data-driven projections and budgets for marketing initiatives. Able to leverage historical data, market trends, and campaign insights to create realistic forecasts that inform strategic decision-making and resource allocation.
- Present findings and insights to stakeholders, promoting data-driven decision-making across the marketing organization.
- Monitor marketing performance regularly and proactively provide insights on optimization opportunities to enhance campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Collaborate with Marketing Leadership to provide input on strategy adjustments based on data-driven insights.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a Marketing Analyst or similar analytical role, preferably in a start-up or small team environment.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including advanced functions, pivot tables, data visualization, and more.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to work with complex datasets and draw meaningful insights from them.
- Exposure to statistical analysis and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar platforms.
- Solid understanding of marketing concepts, campaign metrics, and digital marketing channels.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex analyses in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in data handling and reporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- A proactive attitude towards continuous learning and adapting to new tools and methodologies.
Benefits at Ridwell
- We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
- Paid parental leave401(k) plan
$65,000 - $95,000 a year
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.