Warehouse Associate (East Bay/SF)
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Warehouse Associate (East Bay, SF)
East Bay, CA /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We’re growing and looking for full-time team members to join our warehouse operations team. Ideal candidates are those who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to help to improve how we do our work every day. In addition, it is critical that candidates are team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems. We offer a positive work environment, a strong benefits package for full-time employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
Job duties include
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Periodically works in outdoor weather conditions, including all 4 seasons (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Unload items from the Ridwell van and prepare for sorting into designated bin.
- Sort items at Ridwell warehouse that are collected from customers.
- Constantly open and close cotton drawstring bags and empty contents into larger containers.
- Sort items into designated containers using care so items can be reused or recycled.
- Operate light industrial warehouse machinery, such as a baler, pallet jack, and straddle stacker.
- Ability to learn company policies and procedures and follow their guidance.
- Frequently communicate with current, potential, and former customers who have inquiries about their Ridwell membership. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Participates as a part of the entire Ridwell team.
- Other duties assigned as necessary by management.
- Must be able to read and follow written or oral instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Previous Warehouse experience is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively in English digitally over text message and email
- Experience using pallet jacks and/or balers a plus
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach.
- Must be able to lift 50lb boxes to the height of 3-4 feet and load and unload them from trucks.
- Must be able to lift 85lb buckets onto a hand truck to push to storage.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday and possible weekend shifts
- Must pass a background check if offered the position
$20 - $20 an hour
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays 7 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.