Growth Marketing - Senior Associate
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We're seeking a talented Growth Marketing Associate to join our amazing Growth team. This role involves taking ownership of performance marketing, focusing on User Acquisition across digital channels, alongside supporting lifecycle marketing for improved customer journeys. Ideal candidates can demonstrate an understanding of media buying, data analysis, and creative ‘outside the box’ thinking. Key responsibilities include conducting in-depth analysis, developing strategies for business growth, and collaborating with teams in creative strategy, product, and product marketing. This role is crucial for improving top-of-funnel installations and customer retention and requires a candidate adept at both analytical and creative thinking, along with effective communication and project management skills
Success in this role requires a strong bias for action and the ability to work in a cross-functional environment. Ideal candidates have a balance of left and right-brain thinking, analytically driven creative decision-making, and organization. Having a solid analytical foundation is required. In addition to competency in acquisition marketing strategies and tactics, the candidate will demonstrate good basic project management skills and require excellent communication skills. This position reports to the Growth lead and is a key growth role for the marketing team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Experience with user acquisition and/or lifecycle marketing
- Experience managing UA budgets across acquisition channels
- Be able to communicate the UA strategies across departments and shareholders
- A blend of creativity and analytical skill with a strong results-oriented, metrics-driven approach to problem-solving
- Expert at optimizing campaigns and adjusting bids based on key KPIs (CPI, CPE, LTV, ROAS, etc)
- Able to effectively communicate with advertising partners to efficiently drive campaign performance
- Able to seek, test, and evaluate new advertising channels/partners
- Able to innovate new ways to develop and constantly improve UA strategy
- Strategize, build, and execute user acquisition campaigns across social channels, ad networks, and DSPs, utilizing machine learning and programmatic buyer skills.
- Aptitude to work outside of your comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Ability to juggle projects across multiple networks and platforms
- Awesome Excel skills and familiarity with Google Docs and the rest of the MS Office Suite.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- 1-3 years of experience in media buying/user acquisition/performance marketing or lifecycle marketing
- Experience working in the social/mobile game industry is a plus
- BA/BS Degree in marketing/finance or equivalent
- Experience building and managing relationships with third-party media partners
- Experience working in a metric-driven role focused on ROI
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven Data Analysis and Excel experience
- Experience across Social Channels and Networks (Facebook, Google, TikTok, Unity, etc)
- Working knowledge of SQL is a plus
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion/knowledge for video games is a big plus
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.