Technical Lead, Performance
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Players can chat, hang out, play in millions of rooms, or build something new to share with the world! We're currently seeking a Technical Leader to join our Core team. As a Technical Lead, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our studio's performance optimization strategy and driving the technical vision forward.
As a key influencer, you'll serve as a trusted advisor for the studio, offering guidance to our game teams on efficient performance optimization practices. Your expertise will set the standard for studio wide technical excellence, ensuring seamless and top-quality gaming experiences for players across various platforms (VR, Mobile, Console and PC).
If you're a Technical Leader skilled at enhancing game performance on multiple platforms, knowledgeable about Unity and have a track record of steering technical visions, we're eager to connect with you! Join our team and play a pivotal role in reshaping how people connect, play, and create in the gaming world.
In this role, you will:
- Define the studio's strategic vision for optimizing performance across our target platforms and outline how we'll evolve from current state to performance excellence
- Dive into the intricacies of our codebase and develop a deep understanding of our systems intentions and functionality
- Set performance benchmarks, deliver comprehensive progress reports, and disseminate insights throughout the entire studio regarding performance optimization challenges and opportunities for improvement
- Offer collaborative technical leadership and optimization expertise to drive performance strategies, efficiently communicating implementation processes and best practices to our game teams.
- Stay current on technical advancements and industry standards that enable you to consistently develop solutions for performance optimization bottlenecks that can effectively scale across various target hardware.
- Take feedback from our player community and assess complex, escalated performance issues and propose solutions
- Write clean, maintainable code in C#
- At least 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- Track record of driving technical vision and strategy
- Experience shipping games to various platforms such as consoles, PC, mobile, or VR
- Have a deep understanding of game engine architecture and diagnosing performance optimization issues
- Experience optimizing game performance to run efficiently on specified hardware requirements
- Expert knowledge of Unity and C#
- A strategic approach to problem-solving
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.