Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Players can chat, hang out, play in millions of rooms, or build something new to share with the world! We have a vibrant commercial ecosystem within Rec Room, and our goal is to enable creators to be rewarded for their work. Come join us on the ground floor to help optimize the ecosystem for both players and the business.
As a Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models to power our in-game store recommendations and serve users content that they’d find valuable. You’ll be supporting creators in making a living on the platform, as well as playing a critical role in the success of Rec Room as a business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design, develop and implement production-facing ML models to deliver valuable commerce content to our users.
- Collaborate closely with the ML Infra team to define a roadmap that powers real-time personalized ranking models.
- Design and run A/B tests, analyze model performance, and deep dive into the data to uncover opportunities for improvements.
- Build out pipelines in collaboration with our Analytics Engineering team to enable model building on top of sophisticated features.
- Set best practices, mentor, and provide guidance to the more junior Data Scientists.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of ML ranking experience in a production setting
- Experience with recommendations, ranking, personalization, search, and/or content discovery
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL
- Deep familiarity with ML infrastructure to collaborate with our infra team
- Extensive experience with experimentation.
- dbt knowledge is a plus
- Spark/Databricks knowledge is a plus
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Something looks off?