Software Engineer, Gameplay
Seattle, Washington, United States
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
We are currently seeking a passionate Gameplay Engineer who can work on our core game features and enhance the player experience. As a Gameplay Engineer, you will be responsible for building and improving player interactions, enhancing gameplay mechanics, and enabling players to seamlessly incorporate these features into their own creations.
If you are enthusiastic about gameplay and dedicated to delivering top-notch player experiences, we would love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, improve, and maintain features of player input, gameplay, user interface, interactions and player creation functionality using C#
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience across all platforms
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to improve player experience in first party rooms
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience building and shipping production-ready gameplay code (Ie C# or C++)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Passion for developing for player experience, specifically game feel, user experience flow and high-quality player interactions and feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with modern gaming consoles, or mobile game development
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., ARKit, ARCore, HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
- Strong 3d math skills
Company Info to Know:
The base pay range for this position is $125,000 - $170,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Something looks off?