Software Engineer, Cross Platform
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
We're looking for a Software Engineer who's passionate about performance optimization for games to join our Cross-Platform Team. This team is responsible for ensuring Rec Room runs smoothly on new hardware and software platforms and owning the game client's overall technical quality. You will build delightful, reliable, and performant systems, interactions, and mechanics across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR), while collaborating with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
If you're interested in performance/optimization, debugging complex and challenging problems, working on critical systems that the rest of the product is built on top of, or working directly with a variety of types of hardware, then the Cross-Platform team may be the right place for you!
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems across multiple platforms
- Work independently to solve technical design and development problems across the team
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players
- 3+ years of professional interactive 3D software or games development experience
- Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills
- Experience with rendering, memory, or performance optimization
- Experience debugging complex, multi-threaded systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in networking and multiplayer concepts
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
- Experience developing for multiple hardware platforms
- Experience with and passion for design
Company Info to Know:
The base pay range for this position is $125,000 - $170,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Something looks off?