Senior Software Engineer, Logic UGC
Rec Room is a virtual social app where you play and create games with friends. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to work on our User-Generated Content (UGC) “Logic Team” and support our in-game scripting and logic systems. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will build the logic tools players use to make their own games and spaces within Rec Room across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement the systems that run our in-game scripting language, Circuits!
- Work autonomously, driving large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- 2+ years of experience shipping on multiplayer or social games (e.g., MMO)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Experience working on a live online service
- Experience using visual scripting languages such as Blockly, Unreal Blueprints/Kismet, or Bolt
- Experience with programming language theory and compiler or interpreter development
- A background in Augmented and/or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
The base pay range for this position is $160,000-210,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.