Minca - Director of Finance
Pioneer Square Labs II
Director of Finance
Minca is a modern construction financial services startup that streamlines the process of creating, collecting, and verifying the requirements needed to submit construction payment applications. We are dedicated to improving the efficiency and accuracy of the payment application process for contractors and public agencies, saving them time and effort while ensuring that their applications are complete and correct. As a member of the Minca team, you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is changing the way construction payment applications are handled, making a real difference for our customers and improving the efficiency of the construction industry as a whole. We are a fast-paced and innovative startup with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, and we are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team.
As the Director of Finance for Minca, you will report directly to the CEO and be a critical member of the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both finance and product management, with experience in developing and launching successful products. You will have the opportunity to direct the development of finance and accounting policies and systems and build a finance and accounting department as the company grows. As Director of Finance, you will partner with our CEO in planning, budgeting and results management, provide strategic guidance on capital financing options to support the startup’s growth, and interact with board members and potential new investors to execute Minca’s mission.
You will also work closely with the Director of Engineering in developing and managing the product roadmap for financial automation solutions that integrate seamlessly with other systems and applications.
Our ideal candidate combines a get-it-done attitude with strong strategic acumen. You’ll have prior experience managing and scaling finance teams, ideally in fintech or with early stage companies. You will have excellent project management skills and be deeply motivated to grow a team and achieve significant results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with our customers and our executive team to translate requirements into engineering action. You will have strong opinions, loosely held, about the best technologies, software architectures, and process approaches to achieve our goals.
- Build and own Minca’s corporate model that enables a detailed understanding of both our long-term strategy as well as our core product and relevant KPI metrics
- Craft various executive-level internal and external materials, including board decks and investor materials
- Designing and implementing automated systems and workflows for financial transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, billing, and reconciliations.
- Lead sophisticated data analysis and market research that results in compelling recommendations for the leadership team
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for our products, using financial analysis to ensure competitiveness and profitability.
- Partner with cross-functional experts to lead business case and scenario analysis to drive intelligent decisions which inform company strategy - particularly regarding driving towards maximizing the company’s profitability over time
- Develop and own budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective
- Support key strategic initiatives such as strategic partnerships and capital markets activities, including interfacing with existing and prospective investors
- Champion implementation of financial & strategic planning systems
- Ad-hoc projects from the management team
- 6+ years of total experience, including in top-tier investment banking, strategy consulting, or strategic finance at a high-growth enterprise software company
- Exceptionally advanced Excel and financial modeling skills, as well as PowerPoint/presentation skills
- Strong understanding of SaaS business model, prior experience managing alternative financing a strong plus
- A knack for distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- You think like an investor: Capable of high-level strategic thinking (seeing the “bigger picture”) while simultaneously being able to dive into granular quantitative details
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a scrappy attitude to get things done in complex, unstructured yet fast-moving environments.
- You act like a team player: Collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Like to have: Strong interest in Fintech, passion for equitable access to capital, and desire to growth with role.
Something looks off?