Regulatory Reporting Analyst - Remote
PayNearMe is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. We’re headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us reimagine payments!
We’re in growth mode and looking to add a dynamic Regulatory Reporting Analyst to our PayNearMe team. This position will report to the Regulatory Reporting Manager.
What you’ll own and be responsible for:
The Regulatory Reporting Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of various financial regulatory reports in compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles. This position will require working closely with other departments to create customized balance sheet and income statements for quarterly reporting based on state instructions and effectively complete and submit reporting on time. You will also be responsible for managing and growing our US iGaming and Sports Betting license portfolio which would involve meeting calendar deadlines for applying new gaming licenses as required and maintaining existing licenses by completing license renewals on time. This position will need to handle a variety of deliverables and effectively liaise with other business units within the organization (e.g. legal, sales, finance, compliance, engineering, and product marketing). You will also be required to provide other support as needed related to reporting and regulatory state examinations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Accounting/Finance (experience with gaming and/or regulatory reporting preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- High level degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and database systems used in financial reporting.
- Great Attention to Detail, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong sense of ethics and ability to maintain personal confidential information safely and securely.
- A basic knowledge of US iGaming and Sports Betting laws, state money transmission laws, and/or banking and money service business laws and regulations to include the Wire Act, BSA, USA Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and SARs.
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters
- Great compensation package plus extensive benefits
- Remote working opportunity
- Fast-paced and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe, Inc. (the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.