Support Technical Account Manager - Remote
PayNearMe is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is a Silicon Valley technology company that’s in growth mode. Our Support team is looking to add a dynamic Technical Account Manager reporting to the Director of Support. We are part of the greater Customer Success organization, which is aligned to Product with the charter of managing the product and customer experience through the support lens.
What you’ll own and be responsible for:
- Provide technical product support and help improve the customer experience.
- Drive the support queue, manage handoffs, escalations, defects, enhancements, and contribute to the team knowledge base.
- Zendesk email is the primary support channel. Phone and meetings are common along with potential for chat
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to resolve technical and business problems with minimum disruption to the consumer.
- Account Management, Merchant Services, Product, Engineering, Sysops, Finance, Compliance, Legal, and external partners.
- Manage periodic oncall duties and rare afterhours escalations.
- Be a trusted advisor and build relationships with PayNearMe’s most important merchants.
- Primary support contact receiving launch handoff from project team.
- Manage escalations, configuration changes, and advocate for product improvements.
- Manage ongoing advanced product configuration projects and release coordination to ensure merchant success.
- New product coordination, best practices, and tuneups.
- Business reviews, renewal support, support plans, and SLA adherence.
- Strong service background and support ethics with desire to do the right thing.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years relevant technical support experience.
- Technical aptitude and experience with software platforms, web/mobile applications, data/API interfaces, etc.
- Analytical problem solving skills, detail oriented, with focus on customer experience.
- Strong and transparent verbal + written communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to listen, empathize, and be the customer advocate within PayNearMe.
- Results-driven, unfazed by juggling multiple customer demands.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team in a fast-paced environment where goals may be ambiguous or change quickly.
- Past experience in the online gaming industry is a plus. (Sports Betting, Casino/Poker, Fantasy Sports Horse Racing)
Applicable Experience (Helpful but not required)
- Any contributor or leadership roles such as:
- Technical support, Customer Success Payments Specialist, team lead, technical support, customer service, support analyst, technical account manager, support engineer, implementation manager, Customer Experience Professional (CX), product manager, implementation manager, professional services, support project lead, support project manager, IT support or systems administrator.
- Escalation management and support experience, especially with outsourced partner support teams.
- Familiarity with cloud based (SaaS) business systems or Independent Software Vendors (ISV)
- Debit, Credit, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Paypal, Venmo, Square Cash app, disbursements, ACH, and related networks and processors.
- Cash at retail POS, back-end payment systems, and gift card networks.
- Financial / banking processes such as settlement, reconciliation, payment files, NACHA, chargebacks, disputes, etc.
- Support systems (especially Zendesk usage or administration), business processes, training, and knowledge content administration.
- Product / project management, reporting, and data analytics.
- Compliance concepts such as: BSA, AML, OFAC, and UDAAP.
Location: Remote/flexible - Must be located in the United States
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters (COVID-19 permitting)
- Great compensation package plus extensive benefits
- Remote working opportunity
- Fast-paced and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the “Company”) are providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.