Real Estate Transaction Coordinator
Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
As a Transaction Coordinator you will provide critical support for the transactions related to the purchase, sale, disposition, financing, and co-ownership of single family, second homes. Being a member of the investments team, you’ll enjoy thinking broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results.
We are seeking an motivated, organized and energetic individual that will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This new crew member will support both the Senior Director of Business Development and the Senior Transaction Manager. You will have the ability to assist in developing financial and transactional processes for the category leader and pioneer of co-ownership of second homes. The ideal candidate will have experience working for an early stage startup, as a loan underwriter, or in a transaction role at a bank. Real estate background is a must; experience in financial analysis will be valued for this role.
What you will do
- Create, document, and maintain processes and procedures for home transactions and underlying share sales transactions
- Prepare transaction documents in connection with real estate acquisition and disposition closings. This includes tracking and closing all home purchases and home dispositions.
- Maintain detailed records of deposits and closing funds.
- Prepare presentation materials to synthesize data to the Senior Director of Business Development, Senior Transaction Manager, and Pacaso leadership team as needed
- Assist with legal compliance efforts for operations under different city and state jurisdictions.
- Oversee the entire loan transaction process, from application submission to closing
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, internal policies, and industry standards.
- Streamline the loan processing procedures and workflows
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders throughout the transaction process
- Perform various projects as may be assigned, depending on the needs of the company.
- 2+ years of experience within the loan or property transactions is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage industry and financial concepts
- Experience reviewing and underwriting applications for financing, including gathering all bank statements, gift letters, and other sources to ensure underwriting criteria have been met and all funds have been verified prior to closing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to readily interpret and summarize legal and financial documents is required.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational, research, and strong computer skills
- Ability to evaluate and appropriately prioritize to ensure work being completed aligns with daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals of the organization
- Experience in Salesforce, DocuSign and Google Suite required.
- Experience dealing with sensitive personal information with a high level of confidentiality and trust
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, fast growth environment and consistently meet deadlines
- Bachelors in Business Administration or Finance preferred
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.