Senior Corporate Accountant
Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2021, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more.
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work, is #6 on Glassdoor's 2022 list of Best Places to Work, is one of LinkedIn's top startups of 2022, and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list 2021- 2023.
About this Role:
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for executing specific accounting processes as assigned by their manager, which will include specific aspects of the monthly close cycle and related account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for participating in key initiatives that impact their area of assigned responsibility and expertise which may include streamlining key processes to drive efficiencies, implementing new applications and adopting new accounting standards.
What You'll Do:
- Focus and understand the debt-financing activities of Pacaso and multiple subsidiaries through which the Company’s co-ownership interests are sold
- Maintain debt balances for multiple credit facilities and properly allocate interest to various subsidiaries, including reimbursement on a monthly basis
- Perform day-to-day Corporate Accounting activities and execute assigned month-end close activities and deliverables (i.e., journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis and reporting) and understand processes and related systems
- Manage the reimbursement and proper allocation of expenses related to travel and miscellaneous corporate expenses utilizing Brex
- Responsible for the recording of share-based compensation, capitalization of internally developed technology, payroll and benefits
- Oversee Corporate cash activity and timely record transactions and produce daily summary cash reporting
- Assist with treasury related functions
- Various other duties as directed by Corporate Controller
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing remote-first team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Sponsored memberships to One Medical, Ginger and Carrot.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
- Quarterly remote team building events and L&D opportunities.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.