Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2022
Be present, together.
Our mission is three simple words. Open is a modern studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing. We combine our hybrid methodology with a social and engaging platform to make mindfulness achievable for all. We engage the senses with music, sound, breath, and movement to create inspiring and meaningful shared experiences on and offline. We are design oriented, inspired by art, and promote the power of the direct experience. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere, Opens everyday.
Based in Venice, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye for detail, and an aptitude for learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a dynamic group of people to build the future of wellness.
We're currently focused on streaming immersive classes through our digital platform from our studios in San Francisco and Venice to a growing global audience. Open is supported by Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
We're hiring for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our founding team at Open. You will have the opportunity to transform ideas into reality taking end-to-end ownership of our mobile experience and scaling exceptional consumer products from scratch. This is a rare opportunity to build a social product that has the power to transform people's lives for the better.
What You'll Do
- Lead audio and video operations for primarily weekend livestream classes at the Open Digital Studio in Venice
- Run audio for in person events at various event spaces, the beach and our in-person studio
- Support in the weekly production of on-demand audio and video content, including digital media management and organization
- Ensure excellent quality audio, video, lighting, and platform experience—be the owner, leader, and troubleshooter of anything that potentially jeopardizes a perfect consumer experience
- Prepare and turn over the set turning on/off all equipment, restructuring the set based on class type, and adjusting lighting and audio settings
- Support teacher talent and ensure the live class runs smoothly
- Provide exceptional customer support to Open customers by phone, email, and chat
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the facilities and maintenance of equipment
- Create a positive and warm studio environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the broader team to build community through presence
- Creating playlists for live and on demand classes using our in-house music software
What You'll Bring
- 1-2 years of experience working with audio in a professional or academic capacity
- Primarily audio focused background, live audio mixing and/or studio recording experienceTechnical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization)
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools)
- A diverse range of on-set production and A/V experience, including some or all of: audio engineer, camera operator, grip, and PA roles
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to troubleshoot
- You take ownership of your work and seek opportunities for streamlining and establishing efficient processes
- You are humble and work well with a wide range of people
- Friendly and embodying a positive attitude
- Passionate about humanities, wellness, culture, and music
- Proactive, willing to initiate tasks and perform duties without direction
- Able to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift and move equipment up to 30 lbs
- Flexible with your schedule and able to work weekends, mornings and nights
- Must have a car and be located in Los Angeles
- Competitive pay
- Complimentary Open classes
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want to build a future with more presence.