Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2020
Be present, together.
Our mission is three simple words. Open is a modern studio designing a new way to practice wellbeing. We combine our hybrid methodology with a social and engaging platform to make mindfulness achievable for all. We engage the senses with music, sound, breath, and movement to create inspiring and meaningful shared experiences on and offline. We are design oriented, inspired by art, and promote the power of the direct experience. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere, Opens everyday.
Based in Venice, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from a wide range of backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye for detail, and an aptitude for learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a dynamic group of people to build the future of wellness.
We're currently focused on streaming immersive classes through our digital platform from our studios in San Francisco and Venice to a growing global audience. Open is supported by Founders Fund (Keith Rabois), Susa, LVMH (Miyuki Matsumoto), Coatue (Arielle Zuckerberg), Slow, SV Angel, Maveron, Jack Dorsey, Adrian Aoun, Ben Rubin (Houseparty), and more.
We're hiring for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our founding team at Open. You will have the opportunity to transform ideas into reality taking end-to-end ownership of our mobile experience and scaling exceptional consumer products from scratch. This is a rare opportunity to build a social product that has the power to transform people's lives for the better.
What You'll Do
- Define and build a beautiful, impactful, reliable product with the founding team
- Own and build the mobile experience from scratch
- Keep up-to-date with the industry standards of iOS development
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of stack
- Implement unit tests
- Communicate and collaborate with backend, and operations counterparts
- Scope and prioritize projects
- Help to scale and hire talent across the organization
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Fluency in Swift and iOS
- Experience with writing, releasing, and maintaining mobile code
- Healthcare (health, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO
- Access to all Open classes (in person & virtually)
- Autonomy, Ownership, Equity
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want to build a future with more presence.