Quality Control Technician (Temp)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
This role will report to the Director, Product Quality on the Medical Affairs team.
As a Quality Control (QC) Technician, you will be an on-site quality representative at our medical device fulfillment center located in Phoenix, Arizona. This role is responsible for ensuring that the assembly and kitting of Ro products are performed following all established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and that the necessary forms are completed concurrently with the work being performed to ensure a compliant audit trail is established for each step of the process. The QC Technician will partner with the on-site assembly and warehousing teams and ensure proper quality inspection of products occurs each day. In addition, they will ensure timely review of monthly logs, assist with training of assembly staff, maintain proper assembly of the Quality binder and ultimately help keep the Fulfillment Center audit ready.
This is a 3-6 month assignment to start with the potential to convert to a full-time permanent role, based on business needs.
What You'll Do:
- Own QC oversight of the product assembly, kitting and shipment processes alongside on-site business partners.
- Assist the Product Quality team with development, implementation and maintenance of SOPs, Forms, Work Instructions and other controlled documents needed.
- Conduct final review and retention of cleaning logs, media logs, and other controlled documentation created by the assembly and warehousing teams.
- Assist with training of new employees to ensure competency prior to staff performing work alone.
- Own communication stream with the company audit team during 3rd party audits.
- Participate in future product development builds as a parallel process.
- Ensure the highest quality and cleanliness of the facility and equipment.
- Conduct Quality Assurance checks on relevant product batches according to predefined guidelines.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Experience in working in a facility where PPE, cleanliness, and sterile transfer techniques are part of daily routine.
- Experience identifying need for and assisting in the creation of SOPs and other controlled documents.
- Experience with Good Documentation Practices, preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Irrational passion for building the future of healthcare with an emphasis on quality processes to drive successful patient outcomes.
The target hourly rate for this position is $23/hour. When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.