Health SEO Editor
Marketing & Communications
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As a Health SEO Editor, you’ll be part of our organic content team, reporting to the Director of Content to help produce high-intent health articles that rank on Google. You’re an efficient editor with a background in understanding how keywords play a part in optimizing content for SEO and you’re apt at distilling complex health topics for a general audience. You get genuinely excited about creating compelling articles that people actually want to read and then watching them perform well.
You will be charged with ensuring our articles are on-brand, smart, judgment-free and always medically accurate as they will often be the first experience a customer has with Ro.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and produce SEO-optimized content for target health conditions such as men’s sexual health, weight loss, skin care and fertility
- Assign and edit 30-40 new or updated articles per month with a keen eye toward SEO and optimization to rank
- Write short-form, timely articles on occasion that are optimized for SEO
- Work closely with our clinical team to ensure every article is thoroughly medically reviewed
- Work with existing and new freelance writers by answering emails, providing article feedback, and handling monthly invoices
- Collaborate with growth, comms, and marketing teams as needed on new content initiatives
- Monitor the success of organic content through Looker and Google Analytics dashboards
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as an editor with a specific SEO and health background
- Proven track record of creating highly optimized content that ranks on Google
- Excellent project management skills—you are a natural when it comes to balancing multiple parallel workflows
- A pro at adapting to various brand and style guides and able to edit an article efficiently without typos or errors
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $94,400 to $115,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.