Associate Director, Product Development
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Product Development (PD) to support our rapid growth, provide innovative product development strategy across all categories (Supplements, Nutrition, Med Devices), and lead a high performing team. This position will provide direction and oversight for a variety of tasks required for new product launches, extensions and reformulations. This role will also be responsible for keeping all relevant cross-functional team members up-to-date with all relevant project information. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, highly organized, and someone who enjoys having impact on several projects at once with exemplary positive leadership to the PD team and throughout the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team to develop products over a 12-24 month pipeline, ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones through launch, with a focus on timeline optimization
- Manage and effectively communicate critical path schedules and any risks to budget, launch timing, and packaging compatibility
- Research raw materials, and physically and digitally organize samples and MSDS sheets
- Research and compile best practices for sustainability of ingredients, formulations and manufacturing processes throughout development process
- Stay abreast of market innovations and trends and provide recommendations of product launch feasibility in pipeline
What You’ll Bring:
- The ability to communicate well and keep their cross functional team members up-to-date will all relevant project information
- A strong mastery of the New Product Development process and the ability to apply its principles to multiple product categories
- Lead discussions around product development that are both tactical and strategic in nature
- Partner with Quality Control and Claims and Clinicals to define specifications, design criteria and manufacturing
- Work with regulatory, claims & clinical, and marketing teams to substantiate product claims and ingredient compliance
- 10+ years of Product Development experience in production, laboratory and/or professional environments
- Proven track record of successfully bringing products from concept to launch
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related science degree
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, and fitness
The target base salary for this position ranges from $170,000 to $205,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.