Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager at Ro, you’ll be a direct contributor to the products and technology that helps us meet our patients at eye level and reduce complexity.
You’ll be leading a team that will be tasked with making foundational improvements to our cloud infrastructure and developer tooling. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders including the data team, application developers, Security and IT to make sure all our teams are empowered with the right tools and platform to ship the best healthcare solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical leadership for your team through ideation, design reviews, and other technical conversations
- Lead initiatives that enable new features being worked on by our product squads throughout the company
- Champion cloud infrastructure best practices related to Site Reliability, Observability, and Scalability
- Continually look for ways to improve our stack and architecture.
- Spend a portion of your time as a hands-on contributor alongside your team
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables
- Lead infrastructure initiatives; from design to implementation to delivery
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- At least 3-4 years of experience leading a high-performing team
- Previous hands-on experience as an engineer in a related area
- Managed multiple stakeholders and worked with them on prioritization
- Driven technical initiatives with the ability to articulate their value to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excitement for building a great team culture and the ability to inspire others
- Experience delivering infrastructure products from conception to delivery
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, automated testing frameworks and various techniques around build and deployment of applications
- Some experience with our stack (Kubernetes, Containers, Datadog, Pulumi, Terraform, Kafka
- Experience dealing with vendors for some of the products your teams use
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $190,400 to $236,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.