Senior Research & Analytics Associate, Clinical
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Senior Clinical Research and Analytics Associate reports to the Director of Clinical Research. Their primary role involves leading end-to-end clinical analytics projects with a focus on health outcomes, including: collaborating with stakeholders to identify key research questions, extracting and analyzing data from Ro's custom-built Electronic Health Record (EHR), and supporting the dissemination effort. These insights will inform population-level care strategies and support Ro's academic research portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with clinical and teams across the organization to develop analytical plans, extract electronic health record data, and produce internal and external reports on clinical and patient-reported outcomes
- Develop population health outcomes dashboards
- Support the development and submission of conference abstracts and peer-reviewed journal articles for formal studies using our EHR data
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong knowledge of Python and associated analytics libraries (Pandas, etc.)
- High level of comfort working with electronic health record data
- Knowledge of clinical and patient-reported outcomes
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak effectively and persuasively to explain complicated and technical issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to manage workload to simultaneously make good progress on several projects with overlapping/competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across multiple functions
Who You Are:
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in health care or research-related field is required
- Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum six years of overall professional experience with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience and proficiency in extracting health care data from various sources
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and reporting out data in ways that are reliable, reproducible, and effectively answers the questions asked and/or challenges identified with thoughts on improving any concerns identified
- Experience collaborating with academic researchers on drafting and submitting articles to peer-reviewed journals
- Master's degree, MD or PhD in health care or research-related field
- A history of high impact publications
- Experience with research design
- Familiarity with data visualization and other business intelligence tools (Metabase, Looker)
- Experience building and implementing data models
- Experience with Git
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $113,000 - $136,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.