Senior Analytics Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer who will supercharge data analysts, data scientists, and data-savvy stakeholders to more efficiently and effectively interact with our data stack. You will play a pivotal role in developing our data infrastructure processes and best practices across a wide range of areas including, foundational data models across multiple domains (growth, product, first-party data, finance, operations, etc.), self-service data tooling (e.g. feature stores, querying and data prep tools), data-powered apps, data governance and testing processes, documentation, and more. You take pride in developing tools, processes, and working frameworks that unlock your colleagues to better leverage data to generate insights, build models, operationalize data, and more. You thrive in a startup setting, where every day is different and the problems that you’re tackling often don’t have established solutions. You have a bias for action and are able to work in nuanced contexts where it is crucial to develop solutions that balance speed with scalability.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect and build lasting data modeling solutions across a variety of data domains (growth, product, first-party data, finance, operations, etc.)
- Communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders to identify opportunities and build solutions that standardize our data approach to common problems across the company
- Monitor the health of our data pipelines and proactively discover (and solve) pain points and areas of fragility
- Play a critical role in attacking opaque, unstructured problems by developing core analytic frameworks that shape the way the company thinks about our business
- Increase data literacy and expertise through hands-on training and documentation
- Establish and teach data governance, engineering, and testing best practices
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 4+ years of full-time working experience in quantitative analysis roles, with a significant portion of that time focused on data modeling in DBT and developing data pipelines and processes
- Expert-level SQL skills
- Strong knowledge of Python and associated analytics libraries (Pandas, etc.)
- Strong experience using BI tools (ours is Looker) to effectively convey information
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical aptitude, and numerical dexterity
- Experience with orchestration workflows like Airflow/Luigi
- Familiarity with Unix/the command line
- Demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Experience with CDPs like RudderStack or Segment
- Experience with product event tracking design and implementation processes — partnering with product and engineering personnel
- Experience managing ML model explainability and interpretability, as well as other data governance and testing processes
- Experience with self-service data tooling - both third-party (ex. Tecton, SageMaker, Feast) and custom
- Experience as a backend engineer or MLOps engineer
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $122,000 to $152,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
See more open positions at Modern Fertility
Something looks off?