Assistant Colorist, Licensed Cosmetologist
Assistant Colorist, Hair Color Bar
As a Madison Reed Hair Color Bar Licensed Assistant Colorist, you actively work in the Hair Color Bar alternating between the retail sales and service area while selling Madison Reed products, providing consultations, and shampoo and blow out services. This role is critical to our clients’ Hair Color Bar experience and supports navigating clients throughout their on-site visit.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver a hospitable client experience resulting in positive feedback and future client engagement with the Hair Color Bar and Madison Reed brand.
- Effectively operate the front of house adhering to all company standard operating procedures, including but not limited to buy online pick-up in store, retail client consultations, and orders. Generate revenue for the Hair Color Bar by building the order through additional services, membership sales, subscriptions, hair care products and accessories.
- Demonstrate hospitality, sales and service behaviors in all interactions and communications with clients.
- Recommend appropriate hair color, care, and services to clients leading to achieving and exceeding clients’ expectations and Hair Color Bar sales goals.
- Exhibit a positive and collaborative approach across all interactions with clients, team members, vendors, and guests.
- Display a strong desire to invest in ongoing professional development and growth within Madison Reed.
Who you are:
- Must possess an active cosmetology license in good standing within the state where employment will take place.
- Entry level role - Any experience in the salon or beauty industry preferred.
- Outstanding hospitality, communication, problem solving and teamwork skills required.
- Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Mobile device, computer skills and POS (Point of Sale) system experience desired.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, team members will regularly stand/walk for four consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, perform continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from Madison Reed. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
At Madison Reed, we take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver’s license, or bank information, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Madison Reed, let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Madison Reed has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
Pursuant to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.