Merchandise Planner (Supply Chain)
Merchandise Planner (Supply Chain)
*This is a remote position with up to 15% travel required. Travel will include trips to our corporate office, Hair Color Bar locations, and other events.*
The Merchandise Planner for Madison Reed will love to derive insights and projections from the study of data. They understand the complexities of an omni-channel business operating in the direct to consumer and retail spaces. The Merchandise Planner will possess a blended background in sales analytics, retail merchandise planning, and traditional demand planning. The Merchandise Planner will build strong relationships with planning counterparts at your retail customer and develop equally strong collaborations with internal stakeholders. They place a high value on a positive company culture because the environment you work in is as important as what you are doing.
What you will do:
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports using data from internal and external sources.
- Providing actionable insights to guide the sales and marketing teams.
- Monitor and analyze competitive activity, customer, and market trends.
- Deliver on ad hoc requests for additional sales needs regarding data pulls and presentation development.
- Track and analyze performance of promotional activities, providing key takeaways and recommendations based on promotional results.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing teams to update promotional calendars based on latest insights, sales strategies, and market trends.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to plan and manage product transitions causing no OOO’s while minimizing obsolete inventory exposure.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Product Innovation, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, and Hair Color Bar Operations.
- Review WOS and OOS’s at the customer level and recommend adjustments to optimal inventory levels based on statistical analysis and market trends.
- Collaborative wholesale forecasting with customer planners.
- Prepare and present wholesale performance reporting with key insights at the close of each week / month.
- Establish strong working relationships with retail partners and buying teams through regular meetings to review sales trends, forecasts, and promotional plans.
- Establish and prepare monthly and quarterly reports on key KPI’s and data sets in support of the SIOP cycle.
- Support the onboarding of new retail partners as required through collaborative development of store set orders and ongoing replenishment orders with the partner planning and buying teams.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance to develop a bottoms up forecast and budget.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with strong relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of sales analytics and or merchandise planning experience in a corporate retail and CPG brand setting.
- Ongoing communication and relationship building with vendors and 3rd parties.
- Demonstrated exceptional strength in excel based modeling, analysis, and data manipulation.
- High level of confidence working with different data.
- Experience working with wholesale planners.
- Strong communication skills, ability to be firm but diplomatic and concurrently build effective working relationships.
- Rigorous attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on issue resolution.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP is preferred but not required if the candidate has similar ERP experience on a different platform such as SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
Big on Benefits:
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Mental Health Benefits through Talkspace
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- 401k Participation
- Parental Leave Program
- Learning and Education Programs
- Madison Reed Gratis + Discounts on Hair Color Bar Services and Products
- Company Sponsored Events + Surprise and Delights
- But wait, there’s more…
We are Madison Reed.
We’re disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we’ve offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice—your place or ours? At home hair color or Hair Color Bar services? Our business is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations. At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists—permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights and more. With the launch of our men’s line in 2020, we’re shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing your own hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar nationwide, we truly live our values—Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do—and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from Madison Reed. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
At Madison Reed, we take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver’s license, or bank information, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Madison Reed, let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Madison Reed has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
Pursuant to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?