Certified Financial Planner™ - Canada
// About the Role
LearnLux is looking for a full time Certified Financial Planner™ located in Canada to join our fast growing team. Leveraging the LearnLux digital experience you will work directly with employees based in Canada to provide them with unbiased, holistic financial guidance. Your extensive financial experience and client-first approach will help employees prepare for and accomplish their personal and financial goals.This role is 100% remote within Canada and reports to our Director of Financial Planning.
// About LearnLux
LearnLux is the leading workplace financial wellbeing provider that blends fiduciary digital planning with access to one-on-one guidance from Certified Financial Planner™️ professionals. LearnLux's award-winning program equips employees with a financial plan to guide them through decision points like budgeting, paying down debt, electing benefits, understanding equity compensation, starting a family, buying a home, saving for retirement, and more. Advanced reporting keeps our partners in the know, and drives results like reduction in financial stress, increased productivity, reduced employee turnover, greater use of pretax products, on-time retirement, and healthcare savings. LearnLux members feel great about their money, allowing their work and wellbeing to thrive. We’re a remote-first company, backed by prominent operators such as Ashton Kutcher’s fund Sound Ventures and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff.
// Key Responsibilities
Meet and engage with clients remotely over video, chat and email to give guidance on topics like budgeting, retirement readiness, equity compensation, and more
Advise on and adapt the LearnLux methodology to financial planning topics relevant in Canada
Participate in regular team meetings to bring your subject matter expertise to improve the LearnLux digital experience
Become an expert on our client’s benefit plans so you can act as an extension of their team during open enrollment
Work with with our content team to create outlines, review lessons and approve content created for the LearnLux digital platform
Lead engagement campaigns for our employer partners like digital webinars and occasional on-site events
// You Should Have
- CFPⓇ designation
- Passion for educating individuals to take control and invest in their financial future
- Have the ability to perform several tasks concurrently, to prioritize work, and to take direction from multiple team members
- Can demonstrate ability to take initiative and execute
- Experience in multiple areas of personal finance: Retirement, Equity Compensation, investments, budgeting, debt management, cash flow planning, digital currencies, estate planning, insurance and more
// Nice to haves
- Startup and/or Fintech experience
- Bi-lingual (English / French)
- Experience creating presentations and presenting to large audiences
- Availability to work occasional evenings
- Remote-first company structure
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Mental wellbeing (Talkspace)
- Financial wellbeing (LearnLux)
- Equity (Full-time employees)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- A supportive, inclusive team culture
- Opportunities for continuous learning and growth at a fast-growing startup at the cutting edge intersection of financial wellness and technology
LearnLux strives to be an inclusive workplace and values learning from and engaging across different perspectives. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
LearnLux is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
We are committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion and are seeking candidates from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. If you are interested in this opportunity but not sure if you fit this role, please apply and include a note to let us know of your interest. We’re excited to speak with you about joining our team! Please email additional info to [email hidden].