Senior Software Engineer, Back End/Full Stack
About the Role
At LearnLux, you will be building a product that can change someone's life. Our success is in helping members achieve their personal financial goals, including getting out of debt, buying a home, getting on track for retirement, and more.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have a meaningful impact on the business and technology through the features you ship to our platform and contributions to LearnLux's engineering culture. You will work on a range of technical challenges and opportunities across our platform including data architecture, integrations, and software delivery/infrastructure in order to scale unprecedented access to fiduciary financial guidance for millions of users. In close collaboration with our engineering, product, sales teams and beyond, you can expect to participate in and contribute to all aspects of the product life-cycle. Working within a small agile development process, you will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team scaling a high-performance business while delivering high impact for our customers.
While we're flexible on the specific languages/tools you have experience with, these are what we currently use:
This role is 100% remote within the US and reports to the Director of Engineering.
LearnLux is the leading provider of workplace financial wellbeing that blends fiduciary digital planning with access to one-on-one guidance from Certified Financial Planner™️ professionals. LearnLux's award-winning program equips employees with a financial plan to guide them through decision points like budgeting, paying down debt, electing benefits, understanding equity compensation, starting a family, buying a home, saving for retirement, and more. Advanced reporting keeps our partners in the know, and drives results like reduction in financial stress, increased productivity, reduced employee turnover, greater use of pretax products, on-time retirement, and healthcare savings. LearnLux members feel great about their money, allowing their work and wellbeing to thrive. We’re a remote-first company, backed by prominent operators such as Ashton Kutcher’s fund Sound Ventures and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff.
- Collaborate with other Engineers, Product, UX, and stakeholders across the company to build, launch, test, and improve features across the LearnLux platform
- Write well-tested and performant code
- Contribute to code reviews
- Contribute to technical design and architecture, feasibility, and estimation discussions
- Provide input and feedback to improve code quality, technical processes, and team collaboration
You Should Have
- Experience building, improving, and maintaining scalable web applications
- Comfort or interest in learning and adopting new technologies
- A passion for building systems that deliver a great customer experience
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Enthusiasm for fostering a collaborative team environment, continuous learning, and supporting early career talent
- Commitment to contributing to an inclusive work environment
Nice to have
- 5+ years experience shipping production quality code
- Experience working with small teams in an agile startup environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience or interest in financial, HR, or education tech
- Remote-first company structure
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Mental wellbeing (Talkspace)
- Financial wellbeing (LearnLux)
- Equity (Full-time employees)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- A supportive, inclusive team culture
- Opportunities for continuous learning and growth at a fast-growing startup at the cutting edge intersection of financial wellness and technology
LearnLux strives to be an inclusive workplace and values learning from and engaging across different perspectives. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
LearnLux is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
We are committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion and are seeking candidates from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team. If you are interested in this opportunity but not sure if you fit this role, please apply and include a note to let us know of your interest.
We’re excited to speak with you about joining our team!