As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and implementing quality assurance programs to maintain and improve the overall quality of our products. Your primary focus will be developing and maintaining quality standards, implementing quality control procedures, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives. This is a leadership role that requires strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a passion for maintaining exceptional quality standards.
- Develop, estimate, prioritize and coordinate test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports
- Detects solution failures/root cause analysis so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generates historical analysis of test results and maintains a list/repository of defects.
- Reviews and interprets all documentation related to testing, including business requirements and functional and design specifications, to provide input to the project team on the planning of testing activities.
- Provides immediate response to production program problems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand the product vision & requirements and to provide support for better automation test coverage.
- Bring the best out of your team, ensuring all team members are happy and challenged and assist in removing any roadblocks as necessary.
- Proactively help improve quality methodologies /processes within the organization to increase efficiency
- Represent and advocate for our customers when it comes to the high-quality expectation that is entrusted in us.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Guide, coach, and mentor team members through frequent bi-weekly 1:1s and conduct performance evaluations for the QA team
- Oversee the preparation and timely execution of automation plans, progress reporting, and quality metrics as per release milestones.
- Act as a release manager overseeing all the weekly releases, defining OKRs and key metrics, and ensuring that the contents of each release are understood, scheduled, tested and aligns with the quality gates and software development lifecycle
- Responsible for maximizing the development and use of automation to improve testing efficiency, coverage, and continuous delivery for existing and net-new initiatives.
- Other duties as required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Defect Detection Efficiency (DDE)
- The quality of defects raised
- Test case coverage
- Test case Execution Efficiency
- Defect severity classification Effectiveness
- Number of critical defects in production
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., quality management, engineering, or related discipline).
- Minimum 5 years of quality control and assurance experience in automotive manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager certification.
- Experience working on automation testing (preferably Selenium), Testrail and Jira experience creating test plans and similar domain experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a team, including providing guidance, coaching, and performance feedback.
- In-depth knowledge of quality management principles, methodologies, and tools (e.g., ISO standards, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing)
- Able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines on a timely basis
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong statistical analysis skills able to collect and interpret data, conduct trend analysis, and make data-driven decisions to identify areas for improvement and ensure product quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills - able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams (both technical and non-technical), to address quality issues, resolve conflicts, and drive quality initiatives.
- Leadership and Mentoring - able to provide guidance (and leadership where required), mentor junior engineers, and facilitate knowledge sharing.
Inkbox’s Brand and Culture Values
All employees will be held accountable to upholding and exemplifying Inkbox’s Brand and Cultural values internally and externally. We expect these values to guide how Inkbox employees treat others, specifically clients and colleagues, in order to propel a collaborative, supportive and inclusive business.
Inkbox is dedicated to creating a psychologically safe, inclusive, and accessible environment for all persons with disabilities, and is in compliance with all AODA standards. I
Inkbox is an "equal opportunity employer." Inkbox will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.