Director, Ride Experience
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are a seasoned leader looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
You are an excellent communicator who leads with empathy, curiosity, and a collaborative approach. You are user-centered, data-driven, and pragmatic. At the same time, you drive alignment and shared purpose by championing a clear vision, goals, and a roadmap for achieving them. You are equally comfortable diving into the details to find root causes as you are working from first principles to define novel solutions. At the end of the day you have a natural curiosity and a burning desire to stop issues before they begin
You are creative and analytical and know how to work effectively with product management, engineering and operations teams to ship both product and operational changes. You are results-oriented and hands-on in rolling out your changes, driving engagement, measuring and learning what’s working and what’s not. You’re always ready with ideas for the next iteration, and motivated to continually improve the experience of our customers. This position will report to the VP of Safety and will work in close partnership with the Product & Technology organization.
What you will do:
- Become the business owner for HopSkipDrive’s daily ride experience, with a mandate to improve the interplay of our apps, systems, and real-world users — ride organizers, riders, CareDrivers, and our Safe Ride Support specialists — in the quest to facilitate as many perfect rides as possible.
- Establish a solid understanding of our users and empathy for their needs, as well as expertise in the detailed workings of our marketplace just before, during, and right after the ride occurs.
- Work with stakeholders to establish shared goals and a prioritized roadmap of ideas for achieving them. This role will influence product, process, and operational changes; you will take a holistic view and seek improvement where it’s most impactful.
- Triage specific issues and operational paint points as they come up, and consider both tactical and strategic responses
- Partner directly with product management to define requirements & influence the prioritization of initiatives that span each of our applications.
- Work closely with marketing, operations, and support teams to roll out changes and ensure all users, external and internal, are well-informed and trained.
- Establish processes to measure and report on the outcomes of the changes and highlight next steps.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of product management, operations optimization, or related experience, ideally with time both at startups where you’ve helped launch new products and at larger companies where you’ve developed solutions that scale
- Direct experience in logistics, transportation, rideshare, or a similar real-time marketplace is preferred
- Experience working closely with product management or engineering teams to implement product fixes to operational issues
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives with executive visibility
- Skilled at analyzing data in SQL and / or Tableau
- Bachelor's degree
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we do business AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $130,000 to $160,000 a year. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.