Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are:
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
You are equally comfortable with thoughtful deliberation for strategy development as well as scrappy execution for early validation and proof points. You are comfortable with developing objective, data driven, merit based perspectives and then aligning the rest of the organization on it.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and know how to grow operations for a sustainable scale. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
As the Director, Markets you will be key in developing our market expansion strategy and goals. You will develop our market playbook for launch and densification and manage current market health through close partnership with our marketplace team. You will lead key strategic initiatives across the organization to make sure all markets are running smoothly and set goals for what success looks like. You will work closely with teams across the company and drive important cross-functional initiatives.
What you'll do
- Partner with leadership on key strategic initiatives from concept to reality with a broad impact on company outcomes
- Develop market expansion strategy and playbook
- Develop market growth milestones and revenue goals on path to densification
- Partner closely with marketplace team to manage market P&Ls and set market-level strategy
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on strategic initiatives and interventions
- Own market health decisions
What do you bring:
- 5+ years experience at a top tier consulting firm or investment bank or operations experience at a high growth technology company.
- Experience managing or coordinating complex cross functional projects and/or programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills. You are highly analytical and live in the data. You can operate at a 50K foot level, a 5K foot level, and in the blades of grass.
- Able to develop strategy, build a case and tell a persuasive story to drive decision making and buy-in across an organization.
- Relentless focus on execution that goes beyond analysis and strategy.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work across functions. You can motivate others without direct reporting lines.
- Self starter. You can own complex projects with minimal input.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills. You have high EQ and can readily develop trust and credibility across all levels.
- Excellent communication skills. You can tell a written story, convert it into a visual story in powerpoint, and speak it to both big and small rooms.
- You can give and receive candid feedback.
- Strong executive presence. Able to interact effectively with C-level and Board level audiences.
- You have intense curiosity and a drive to make things better.
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is 130,000 to 150,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.