Embedded Engineer (Hardware/ Software) (m/w/d)
As an Embedded Engineer (Hardware/ Software) at SRAM, you contribute to the Electrical Hardware and Software Engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories.
- Build, deploy, and maintain software / firmware over full product lifecycle; Contribute to device-side embedded C running on ARM microprocessors and develop device driver and application library code for use across SRAM AXS designs.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple project teams to coordinate and optimize code for various use cases with broad reuse.
- Design, layout, and verify mixed signal hardware designs, including microprocessors, serial communications, sensors, electromechanical systems, motor drivers, RF transceivers, and antenna systems; Optimize architectures for low-power battery operation.
- Design, build, and test prototype printed circuit boards and work closely with vendors on PCB stack up design and PCBA design for manufacturability.
- Author design documentation, write well designed, testable code and conduct and contribute to hardware design and code reviews.
- Own, estimate, and track progress for tasks through all stages of a project to meet desired performance, cost, and time-to-market goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years embedded system design, including deployment of a released-to-market product.
- Embedded C software development; Skilled in dealing with debuggers, version control (git/GitLab or GitHub), bug tracking, and automated test.
- Experience with FW/SW test like Test Driven Development and Unit test.
- Experience with FW/SW Architecture and defining modules and interfaces.
- Experience with the selection, design, and driver development for low power microprocessors, sensors, wireless SoCs, motor controllers, or digital communication (UART, SPI, I2C, JTAG, CAN bus).
- Wireless embedded systems development, design, verification, and EMC compliance approval for products including 2.4 GHz unlicensed radio transceivers; Use of RF network and spectrum analyzers to verify designs. Communication protocol development using Bluetooth / BLE / Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 / Zigbee, or ANT personal network protocols.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using oscilloscopes, logic/communication analyzers.
- Complementary hardware experience: could include designing with ADCs, DACs, low-noise data acquisition, high-speed memory, LCDs, sensor ICs, or strain gauges.
- Complementary software skills: could include IoT systems development, microprocessor peripheral configuration, embedded driver development, Linux/gcc/make development environments, or Python scripting for test automation.
- Development within established agile development methodologies and automated continuous integration.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in US, Europe, and Asia).
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.