Marketing Manager -UK
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the European Marketing Manager, you will support the region’s marketing plan from end to end, with particular focus on the UK. You'll work with the Head of Marketing to implement brand strategies and ensure they resonate with the specific market in mind.
You will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly European audience and maintaining a highly engaged community that adds value to GA students, alumni, enterprise customers, hiring partners, local tech partnerships, and the GA European regional business. You’ll maintain the brand voice and enhance market presence through strategic partnerships, influencing creative and messaging for local campaigns and analysing data to ensure the strategy is effective for each market.
You'll also depend on many other departments and people in the organisation to accomplish your goals (the Student Experience team, the Global Marketing team, the Admissions team, and more) and should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, and work collaboratively to shape timelines and marshall the right resources from groups beyond your own.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Support creative campaigns - You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and the Global team to execute on campaigns that generate quality sales leads for the European market.
- Social Media Strategy and Management: You will manage General Assembly Europe social media pages and work on strategies for enhancing engagement. You will be responsible for producing bite-sized content for localized socials.
- Design: You will work with the designer to provide design briefs to create social media posts and other marketing collateral such as infographics and infosheets.
- Copywriting / Content Creation: You will own the production of content in areas like blog pieces showcasing alumni success stories, events, etc; Where needed, you may be asked to help with copy for articles and other assets the Head of Marketing might require.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding the campaigns in your market, identify opportunities and optimisations and address pacing issues as necessary.
- Speaker Recruiting and Management: Finding talented speakers and experts is the key to developing a great class, workshop or event. You will help source and evaluate the right people for the session and interface with them.
- Execution and Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers and instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to coordinating with our admissions team on strategic alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA Europe and responsible for high-energy introductions and kickoffs for programs.
- Planning and Research: You will work closely with the marketing team to develop a quarterly regional program schedule that optimises market demand. You will research trending tech topics to carefully select a mixture of content for the market.
- Managing the Attendee Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the attendees have a great experience. Through feedback and impeccable program execution, attendees should feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- PR Management: You will work closely with an agency to plan and coordinate public and media relations strategies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have 3-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - and a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, and content.
- Knowledge of the Europe tech ecosystem and be local to the London market.
- You write a great copy. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively on a team demonstrating interpersonal savvy.
- You are familiar with canva and have a good eye for design.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, and remain calm under pressure.
- You are data-driven and comfortable with using and interpreting data to make decisions, present new ideas, and set strategies.
- You possess a “growth mindset” attitude towards learning and teaching as a craft.
- You are highly organised: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organisational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all necessary parties externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritise, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- You have a passion for education and for changing lives.
- You bring a contagious positivity and enthusiasm to the teams you join!
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.