Learning Experience Designer
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Learning Experience Designer/Sr Learning Experience Designer, you bring the program vision to life by designing, contextualizing and delivering learning programs for classroom and client delivery. You will work mainly across products within one of GA’s key disciplines (Tech, Data, Product, Design, & Marketing), but will work across disciplines as needed.
This role will be based in Poland and will be 100% remote.
- Work with discipline managers to define key skills, competencies, learning objectives and pathways within the discipline.
- Support sales teams or product teams in identifying client and learner needs and goals and proposing learning solutions.
Design & Development
- Based on scoping requirements, create engaging and outcomes-driven learning experiences by leveraging innovative instructional design methods, patterns, and frameworks.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) to curate existing learning components, design new content and contextualize existing content to meet learning needs, context and industry.
- Work with vendors, contractors and freelancers in content, assessment, and support material production.
- Create materials for instructors onboarding to learner contexts and program content
- Design or commission the development of supplemental training materials such as classroom worksheets, posters, and surveys.
- Collect, synthesize and analyze data on learning impact for continuous improvement, refinement and content updating.
- Where applicable, work with translation vendors in the localization of content.
- Work with product management and learning systems design teams to standardize patterns and components for base curricular products.
- Work with product management and learning systems design teams to build out the library of product components, exemplars and documentation
- Has at least 3 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- Passionate about supporting entry to tech careers and skills for diverse learners
- Background in a client-facing role, either supporting or managing, is highly desirable
- Has ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiarity with Keynote and Google Suite, and LMS content management and authoring tools
- Willingness to flex your schedule to join meetings in different timezones, particularly in the United States and Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.