Billing Specialist - Hired
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an experienced Billing Specialist to join our global team. This position is an integral part of the Accounting team, reporting to the Accounting Operations Manager and has responsibility for managing the billing operations for one of General Assembly’s (“GA”) sister companies. GA’s sister company, Hired, is an AI-driven recruitment platform that focuses on tech and sales roles, helping to connect companies with qualified candidates.
You’ll work closely with both GA and Hired leadership in a role that manages the Hired enterprise order-to-cash business. Core responsibilities include reviewing contracts for processing accurate and timely invoices, monitoring incoming payments and providing customer service across business units. You’ll help develop best practices, improve processes and procedures, and drive efficiencies.
*This is a fully remote position.*
- Review of closed deals, maintenance of internal billing files, manage receipt of customer PO’s, and accurate & timely invoicing
- Run reporting from Salesforce (CRM system) and Oracle (ERP)
- Liaison with Sales and Revenue Operations teams on contracts
- Keep track of accounts and process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Assist in the reconciliation of payments received with bank, internal tools and general ledger
- Verify discrepancies and resolve client billing questions
- Assist Hired management team with collections as requested
- Onboard Hired banking and contact details into client payment portals
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing billing and accounts receivable status
- Assist Accounting Operations Manager and Global Controller with month end close
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Experience and Skills Required
- 2+ years of previous proven billing/AR experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Proficient in Excel MS office, Salesforce, Oracle Cloud (preferred)
- Highly Organized, detail oriented and works well with team members
- Entrepreneur at heart – you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Curiosity and ability to think creatively with flexibility and a sense of humor
- Self-starter with the ability to set and keep deadlines and commitments
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for results
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $33,000 and $55,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.