Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The PT Admissions Coordinator role is currently remote and you’ll be an integral part of our fast-paced Admissions team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for students interested in our course offerings to understand their interest and ensure they are pointed in the right direction
- Responding rapidly to all student inquiries - the best time to reach students is the moment they tell us they are interested
- Outbound dials to interested students that filled out requests for more information
- Respond to inbound emails/texts from interested students
- Maintaining an upbeat, personable attitude and creating a helpful experience for all potential students, while speaking with a high volume of students each day
- Routing potential students to appropriate Admissions team members, documenting student information in our internal database
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise; going back to school is a serious decision and students often need help navigating their path
- Assisting current and prospective students with questions about our organization and upcoming workshops, courses, and immersive opportunities
- Ability to stay engaged and on task in a work from home environment.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 2-3 years of experience providing a high level of customer service preferred
- 0-1 years sales experience with demonstrated ability to concept sell the benefits of a service/product preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in a call center environment preferred
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills – you never shy away from a conversation
- You are passionate about education, technology, and our mission - empowering students to pursue the work they love!
- You are detail-oriented and organized with a great work ethic
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Ambiguity
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.