Business Development Representative (BDR)
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)'s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Strategic Business Development & Innovation team dedicated to growing GA's global business through thought leadership, events, and driving qualified first sales interaction meetings with executive buyers (CMOs, CDOs, CTOs, CPOs, CHROs etc.). This role will serve the integral purpose of supporting GA's Account Directors in executing GA's largest enterprise deals from initial contact through partnership expansion. With GA's recent acquisition by The Adecco Group, B2B sales are a top strategic priority for GA, and the members of this team will be significant players in driving the overall success of the GA Enterprise team against quarterly and annual goals.
Top Funnel Activity
- Research and identify potential GA buyers across CORE Enterprise accounts
- Reach out to VP+ executive buyer personas through email, phone, and social media in order to qualify sales opportunities for the wider Enterprise team
- Assist in the development and ever-evolving team prospecting strategy
- Create thoughtful content across all channels and continuously test & learn
- Provide potential buyers with an articulate understanding of GA’s mission as well as the products and services GA can provide against their strategic business & talent goals
- Manage and maintain a deep pipeline of potential buyers with the goal of securing FSIs (first sales interactions)
- Liaise between top of funnel prospects by facilitating calls and/or meetings, and strategically partnering with the sales team on target clients
- Ensure that all handoffs to the sales team are smooth and exceed customer expectations
- Help navigate through complex sales through call prep, and targeted follow up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outbound prospecting experience including cold calling and emailing adhering to minimum weekly metrics
- Experience with Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Experience with Outreach, SalesLoft, or similar
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly build rapport both internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate time management, resilience, drive, coachability, and curiosity
- Ability to seek, structure, and synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information to solve problems
- Fully proficient in a Mac and Google environment, Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of experience in sales or other related fields
- Background in higher education, recruiting, or staffing preferred but not required
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.