AWS Cloud Infrastructure Instructor Lead- Contract
Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
AWS Cloud Infrastructure Instructor Lead
General Assembly is looking for an experienced Amazon AWS Cloud Infrastructure Trainer who is available for a mid-March program. Compensation range for this contract is $8k-$9k for 80 hours of instructional work over two consecutive weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
- Maintains a professional presence in front of colleagues, learners, and client
- Communicates effectively with GA’s delivery team about student progress and the quality of the provided curriculum
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility for the quality of the training and success of learners
- Holds AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional certification
- Has prior experience as a technical trainer -- preferably on AWS materials
- Has exemplary communication and facilitation skills
- Is available 9-5PM EST for two weeks consecutively
- Can interact with a virtual audience over Zoom/GoogleMeet/Teams or a similar program
- Has mastery over the following skills:
- AWS DevOps
- Virtual Machine
- AWS Security Hub
- AWS ALB and ELB
- AWS ECR, ECS, and EKS
- Amazon RDS
- API Gateways
- Industry- Higher Education
- Employment Type- Contract
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.