Junior Account Manager
Free Agency is a talent startup modernizing how people find & succeed at work. We provide concierge services and digital products to knowledge workers, mirroring Hollywood-style talent representation and management. Unlike recruiters, we’re entirely paid by and motivated by the individual talent we work with, enabling us to focus on their career outcomes. Their success is our success.
We work primarily in the tech industry: through our platform, mid to C-level folks in product, engineering, design, marketing, and ops are doing incredible work at companies like Square, Drift, Roblox, Reddit, Netflix, Amazon, SpaceX, Notion, Peloton, and hundreds more. We’re backed by top-tier venture capital firms like Maveron, Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Ludlow Ventures.
About the job:
We're looking for entry-level or junior account managers to join the team on a contract-to-hire basis. You'll learn the ins-and-outs of how we work with our clients, then support others in servicing them excellently. Sometimes, that'll include deep industry and subject matter research in the tech and startup sphere. At other times, you'll put together company dossiers, edit copywriting related to their careers, manage tasks and projects related to job search automation, and generally serve as-needed to enable our clients to land stellar jobs.
You should either already be familiar with or curious about the tech industry. Knowledge about startups and technology, including the VCs, founders, and power players within, plays an instrumental role in how we provide differentiated service to our Free Agents. Working here has been referred to as "the best education in tech."
PLEASE NOTE: this is an in-person position in Free Agency's NYC offices in Flatiron.
- Manage tasks, projects, deadlines, working cross-functionally and with automation tools like Pipefy, Airtable, Notion, and AirOps to ensure rugged and robust client service.
- Do specific and thorough research to craft preparatory materials for our clients with an eye for novel information -- as we like to say, what's "beyond page 4" of the Google search.
- Learn all about tech, client services, operations -- we want you to be constantly improving, even outside the training, materials, and instructions we hand you.
- Be highly motivated by working in a startup environment. It's not for everyone.
- Have superb written communication skills, as you'll be writing directly to VIP clients.
- Keep self-organized, as there's a lot that goes on in servicing clients at Free Agency.
This is a contract-to-hire, 1099 position, with contract rates ranging from $20 to $40 depending on prior experience, and full-time W2 conversion ranging from $60,000 to $80,000, including significant equity in Free Agency + benefits.
Why Free Agency matters:
Job search and career progression are broken. Candidates haphazardly apply to jobs, meet only a few companies, settle during offer negotiation, and generally don’t optimize the process of moving along in their careers. As a result, Free Agency believes that everyone is under-compensated.
That doesn’t just have to do with the money we make, but also the teams we’re a part of, the type of work we get to do, and the alignment to mission along the way. All of this has an impact on our own satisfaction, health, and financial wellness, but we don’t give it the attention it deserves.
By aligning incentives with individual talent, Free Agency is enabled to build first-of-their-kind products & services and define a new category of career management.