Sales Development Representative
About Free Agency:
Free Agency is a talent startup modernizing how people find & succeed at work. We provide concierge services and digital products to knowledge workers, mirroring Hollywood-style talent representation and management. Unlike recruiters, we’re entirely paid by and motivated by the individual candidates we work with, enabling us to focus on their career outcomes. Their success is our success.
We work primarily in the tech industry: through our platform, mid to C-level folks in product, engineering, design, marketing, and ops are doing incredible work at companies like Square, Drift, Roblox, Reddit, Netflix, Amazon, SpaceX, Notion, Peloton, and hundreds more. We’re backed by top-tier venture capital firms like Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Ludlow Ventures.
To date, we’ve helped hundreds of professionals negotiate over $250 million in offers, and partner with talent building the cutting-edge future in the startup and tech industry.
About the job:
We’re looking to add a contract Sales Development Representative (SDR) to the Free Agency team to contribute to lead generation. You will reach out to leaders within the tech industry (over email and LinkedIn Recruiter) to tell them about our concierge job search and career management movement, selling them to get on a call with one of our sales team members on the concept of an acceleration in their professional trajectory.
More fundamentally, you’ll persuade them about a new form of job search, that tech talent needs representation, and that our Hollywood-style Talent Agents can help them achieve the jobs they daydream about. Free Agency is changing the way people think about their careers, and you’ll have the opportunity to be on the frontlines of telling that story.
- Generate and nurture high-quality leads through cold email and guerrilla marketing, targeting individual product managers, software engineers, marketers, designers, and other technologists from mid-level to C-suite
- Plan and execute outreach campaigns to leads via our sales CRM (HubSpot) and LinkedIn Recruiter, while monitoring campaign + copy performance to adjust when needed and experiment accordingly
- Keep track of the progress of each deal to ensure timely follow-ups as required
- Have strong familiarity with tech companies, startups, and the roles within to empower you to win over the hearts and minds of hard-to-convince prospects. You should be able to understand what a product leader at Stripe might want next in their career, how a software engineer might be thinking about joining FAANG versus a startup, or the reasons why someone should join a Series A company instead of something in the growth stage
- Possess extremely strong written communication skills, as much of your lead generation will come in the form of email, and you’ll be required to customize the majority of the initial outbound messages that you send to speak to particularly and specifically to the prospect at hand
- This is a commissions-only role with on-target earnings of $90,000, with additional high upside potential for strong performance. You’ll be compensated on successful meetings held. Equity is available to contract team members after 6 months of tenure
- This role is remote, though most of our team is in-person in NYC. You must be able to work business hours EST
Why Free Agency matters:
Job search and career progression are broken. Candidates haphazardly apply to jobs, meet only a few companies, settle during offer negotiation, and generally don’t optimize the process of moving along in their careers. As a result, Free Agency believes that everyone is undercompensated.
That doesn’t just have to do with the money we make, but also the teams we’re a part of, the type of work we get to do, and the alignment to mission along the way. All of this has an impact on our own satisfaction, health, and financial wellness, but we don’t give it the attention it deserves.
By aligning incentives with individual talent, Free Agency is enabled to build first-of-their-kind products & services and define a new category of career management.