Event Assistant (Contractor)
About Free Agency:
Free Agency is a talent startup modernizing how people find & succeed at work. We provide concierge services and digital products to knowledge workers, mirroring Hollywood-style talent representation and management. Unlike recruiters, we’re entirely paid by and motivated by the individual candidates we work with, enabling us to focus on their career outcomes. Their success is our success.
We work primarily in the tech industry: through our platform, mid to C-level folks in product, engineering, design, marketing, and ops are doing incredible work at companies like Square, Drift, Roblox, Reddit, Netflix, Amazon, SpaceX, Notion, Peloton, and hundreds more. We’re backed by top-tier venture capital firms like Resolute Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and Ludlow Ventures.
About the job:
We’re looking for an Event Assistant to contribute to the seamless execution of the many-days-a-week events we host in our office, and ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience from start to finish. You will be one of the faces of our startup, representing our brand to event attendees.
You’ll have the opportunity to expand your network by interacting and building relationships with influential industry leaders, innovators, and experts who are shaping the future of technology that our events attract (including startups, VCs, and universities).
No previous events experience is required, though individuals with events or administrative experience are preferred. All backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Familiarize yourself with our event operations processes, and ensure all steps are properly executed, including furniture & music set up, sign ins, event wrapup, etc.
- Welcome guests into our office & ensure an A+ experience for hosts & guests alike
- Represent the Free Agency team by sharing information about our startup to event attendees and ways they can engage with us
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect and engage with diverse audiences
- Have meticulous attention to detail, ensuring that every aspect of event setup and execution is carried out to the highest standard
- Have a positive and friendly demeanor, proactively making guests feel welcome, comfortable, and excited about the event
- Demonstrate the aptitude to go above and beyond the job description to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests and partners
- The rate for this position is $15-20/hr
- The event schedule will vary weekly, consisting of 2-5 events per week, with each event requiring 2-4 hours including set up and breakdown
- You should be available to come in-person to our office in the Flatiron district, and be available for weekday evening events as well as morning breakfasts
Why Free Agency matters:
Job search and career progression are broken. Candidates haphazardly apply to jobs, meet only a few companies, settle during offer negotiation, and generally don’t optimize the process of moving along in their careers. As a result, Free Agency believes that everyone is undercompensated.
That doesn’t just have to do with the money we make, but also the teams we’re a part of, the type of work we get to do, and the alignment to mission along the way. All of this has an impact on our own satisfaction, health, and financial wellness, but we don’t give it the attention it deserves.
By aligning incentives with individual talent, Free Agency is enabled to build first-of-their-kind products & services and define a new category of career management.