Product Development Associate
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
Our Product Development team partners cross-functionally with Design, Raw Materials, Merchandising, Planning, Technical Design, Sourcing, Quality Assurance teams to build best-in-class products. This team is passionate about products with an obsessive eye for detail. The Product Development team manages 2-3 quarters at a time during different stages of development and leads the team through the product life cycle calendar. They are creative problem solvers, process-oriented, excellent communicators who take initiative and go the extra mile to bring product to life.
We are looking for a Product Development Associate for knits and sweaters apparel to manage the day-to-day of the product development process from sketch creation to a production-ready pass off to our sourcing team for bulk production. This position will report directly to our Product Development Manager.
- Partner with Design, Technical Design, Raw Materials & Merchandising to create our knits and sweaters products with a focus on building the best product while keeping quality, innovation, sustainability and cost top of mind
- Support the seasonal development milestones and offering creative solutions to development constraints
- Partner with raw materials and sourcing to ensure proper factory and mill allocation
- Input and track style development ratio
- Ensures our product is developed on time and to design intent, while offering options and creative solutions around construction, finishes, and costing
- Inputs, maintains and supports initial costing, time and action calendars, sample WIPS (work in progress reports), while keeping internal tools updated and teams informed as needed
- Manage lab dips approvals, trim approvals, sample yardage process throughout the development process
- Partners with Raw Materials to ensure sustainability and cost targets are met
- Input and assist the final BOMs within our PLM system
- Supports tailoring and weartest requests that supports vetting new material options in partnership with our raw materials and quality assurance teams
- Supports a production ready hand-off to sourcing partners
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with external suppliers to create great products
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 1+ years of product development or production experience
- Ability to collaborate with many cross functional teams
- Passionate about product with an attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial & resourceful approach to creative problem solving
- Basic microsoft office skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and are comfortable with change
- Robust communication skills both internally and externally
- Organizational skills, are timely and hold yourself to a high level of accuracy
The Fine Print:
California Resident: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The compensation range for this role is $28 - $40.50 per hour. This range is based on the San Francisco geographic area and the actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.